eFront is a leading software provider of end-to-end solutions dedicated to the financial industry. eFront’s solutions for cross-asset classes serve more than 800 customers in 48 countries, including companies in the private equity, real estate investment, banking and insurance sectors. Founded in 1999, eFront has offices in New York, Dallas, Montreal, London, Jersey, Paris (HQ), Dubai, Singapore, Hong Kong and Beijing amongst our 20 global locations.
In order to support our constantly growing business, we are looking for a:
Legal Counsel EMEA - Paris or London
Type of role: Permanent
Bilingual French/English required
In this role, you would be reporting to the Group General Counsel. Your responsibilities would be to support the Group General Counsel in assisting the business in various locations across the EMEA region. This role would encourage new ideas, eagerness to make improvements to current processes and would require the ability to remain focused and deliver within a fast-paced environment.
Your main responsibilities will be:
· Negotiating various IT contracts with a focus on Software licensing agreements, SaaS (both inbound and outbound) and services agreements, distribution and partnership agreements in French and English;
. Privacy and more specifically be GDPR fluent is key
· Identifying and managing legal risks in the context of the overall contract negotiation
· Providing a balanced and yet robust commercial approach to negotiations
· Representing the business in meetings with existing clients and prospects and protecting the company’s interests and reputation as well as contractual relationships
· Proactively address legal requests from internal clients across functional groups, summarizing and communicating legal concepts in layman terms
· Keeping the business up to date with legal developments (both on a local and EU level)
· Exposure to IP and marketing related issues
· Supporting the continuous improvement of standard templates and processes as well as training the sales function on various legal topics
Qualifications and Experience:
· Approximately 3/5 years of PQE.
· Prior IT/software industry experience either in-house and/or private practice
· Postgraduate in law from highly regarded university, a postgraduate degree from a common law jurisdiction would be considered an advantage.
· Experience in a common law jurisdiction would be highly advantageous (for candidates qualified in France)
· Working knowledge of employment, general corporate law or other cross-functional matters preferred, but not required
eFront stands out as a real career booster:
· We are at the crossroads between software and the thriving businesses of Private Equity and Real Estate
· We foster international and cross-functional mobility across our broad office network
· Our culture encourages risk-taking and innovation
· While we are a financially robust and established company, we are still as agile and boiling as a start-up and offer plenty of opportunities to gain responsibilities rapidly
This is a rare opportunity for an ambitious and rising professional to join a rapidly growing and successful company. Visit our career page Postuler maintenant >>and join us!
· Bilingual English and French required
· Great attention to detail
· Excellent written/verbal communication and negotiation skills;
. Ability to adapt to the different cultural environments and styles of negotiation within the EMEA region
· Strong business acumen
· Ability to juggle multiple deals / tasks at one time whilst remaining responsive to internal clients’ requests
· Ability to maintain strong working relationships with demanding internal clients
· Strong work ethic, comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with cross-functional teams
· Strong interpersonal skills, team player whilst being able to work independently
· Strong organizational skills, project management
· Grace under pressure and a good sense of humor